With LinkedIn joining the business social media marketing game, many companies are looking to grow their following on the professional social network, and it’s no wonder why. While on Facebook you have to weed through your aunt’s photos of her trip to Florida, your neighbor’s tennis match, and your kids’ friends; people are on LinkedIn for one thing, and one thing only: business. With such a narrowed down pool of potential clients or referral sources concentrated in one place, it’s important for businesses to maximize their followers and opportunities to find new customers.
Here are 5 tips for growing your LinkedIn company page followers:
1. Add a widget to your website.LinkedIn has a very easy way to add a company profile widget which you can add to your website, blog, or email signature. This will conveniently direct your existing contacts and clients to your company’s LinkedIn page and prompt them to start following.
2. Optimize your company’s LinkedIn page.A few extra steps can make your page more relevant. Create a helpful “company overview” description with the most important information at the top. Also, be sure to opt in to “show news” about your company; enabling this feature will automatically post any interesting news articles and press releases about your company to your company’s page. Lastly, make sure you add your blog RSS to your page to auto-populate your blog’s content. The more targeted content you can post to your profile, the more likely you are to grow your followers and increase your engagement.
3. Engage your audience.As if this tip has not been discussed enough, here it is again. You can have the most exciting LinkedIn page in the history of pages, but if you’re not posting interesting content and engaging your target audience, you’re missing the boat. So, just like you do on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, post relevant topics and be a part of the conversation. There’s nothing target customers hate more than spam, so don’t just post to post.
4. Utilize Groups.Straight from the LinkedIn help center is the definition of Groups. “LinkedIn Groups provide a place for professionals in the same industry or with similar interests to share content, find answers, post and view jobs, make business contacts, and establish themselves as industry experts.” Once you join a few groups, LinkedIn will give you “groups you may like” suggestions that make it easy to find other groups with similar interests. Groups are a great way to narrow down the millions of people and businesses that are on LinkedIn and to focus your attention on your target audience, particularly existing clients or new customers.
5. Make sure you’re following your clients’ company pages.Seems obvious, but so often we’re only focused on getting people to follow us, we forget to do the same for those in our circle. Following your clients not only keeps you up to speed on how they’re working and marketing, it also increases the likelihood that they’ll repay the favor.
buy linkedin followers